Enjoy a cozy cup of dairy-free hot cocoa for one in just a few minutes! Includes a link to homemade Honey-Vanilla Marshmallows.
This is a quick and easy recipe to make the perfect cup of hot cocoa! It’s made of wholesome ingredients and takes just a few minutes to make. I like to use dark cocoa powder, but regular cocoa works as well. It also pairs perfectly with these homemade Honey Vanilla Marshmallows which can easily be cut with festive cookie cutters, adding a fun twist to your mug of cocoa! I just used orange and red sprinkles for the noses and melted dark chocolate to draw the rest of the body.
Such a cute and simple way to upgrade your hot cocoa! It’s chocolatey, creamy, and utter deliciousness in a mug. The perfect drink to warm you up on a cold winter’s day. Enjoy, friends!
If you like hot cocoa, check out these other variations!!
Easy Hot Chocolate
Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate Mix in a Jar
Lavender Hot Chocolate
Easy And Delicious Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1-4 servings 1x
Enjoy an delicious cup of dairy-free hot cocoa in just a few minutes! Includes a link to homemade Honey-Vanilla Marshmallows.
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite dairy-free coffee creamer or full fat coconut milk (optional, but makes it creamier)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1–2 tablespoons sweetener of choice, use more or less to taste
- handful of Honey Vanilla Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar, maple syrup, or other sweetener of choice, use more or less to taste
- pinch of salt
- dash of cinnamon, optional
- 4 cups milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy creamer or full-fat coconut milk, adds creaminess (optional)
- Heat almond milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until hot. You can also heat the milk in the microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the creamer, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips in a large mug. Pour the hot milk into the large mug and stir to combine. Add sugar to taste and top with marshmallows. Makes 1 serving.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk in about 1/2 cup milk and mix until well blended. Cook over medium heat until cocoa and sugar begin to dissolve, stirring continuously, then pour in remaining milk and creamer.
- Continue to cook of medium heat until hot. Pour into mugs, top with marshmallows or whipped (coconut) cream, and serve.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 3 mins
- Category: Drink
[…] Easy Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate with Homemade Honey Marshmallows […]
[…] Chocolate—Of course I keep this on hand:) For cocoa powder, Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa and Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa are my favorites. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips are my favorite chocolate chips because they’re made with natural ingredients, they’re dairy-free, and allergy friendly. Get the best of both worlds in this crazy delicious cup of Hot Chocolate. […]
[…] Easy and Delicious Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate from […]
[…] They are so soft, delicious, and much healthier than the sugar-laden marshmallows from the store. They’re also the perfect accompaniment this Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate! […]