Enjoy a cozy cup of dairy-free hot chocolate for one in just a few minutes! Includes a link to homemade Honey-Vanilla Marshmallows.
This is a quick and easy recipe to make the perfect cup of hot chocolate! It’s made of wholesome ingredients and takes just a few minutes to make. I use dark cocoa powder and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, (they melt faster) but feel free to use whatever chocolate you’d like. If you’re not dairy-free, I’m sure white chocolate would be fantastic! It also pairs perfectly with these homemade Honey Vanilla Marshmallows which can easily be cut with festive cookie cutters, adding a fun twist to your mug of cocoa! I just used orange and red sprinkles for the noses and melted dark chocolate to draw the rest of the body.
Such a cute and simple way to upgrade your hot chocolate! It’s chocolatey, creamy, and utter deliciousness in a mug. The perfect drink to warm you up on a cold winter’s day. Enjoy, friends!
If you like hot chocolate, check out these other variations!!
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite dairy-free coffee creamer or full fat coconut milk (optional, but makes it creamier)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free chocolate chips (I use enjoy life brand)
- ½-2 teaspoons coconut sugar or other sweetener, use more or less to taste
- handful of Honey Vanilla Marshmallows
- Heat almond milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until hot. Alternately you can heat the milk in a microwavable safe mug in the microwave for 1½-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the creamer, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips in a large mug. Pour the hot milk into the large mug and stir to combine. Add sugar to taste and top with marshmallows. Makes 1 serving.