Enjoy an delicious cup of dairy-free hot cocoa in just a few minutes! Includes a link to homemade Honey-Vanilla Marshmallows.
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite dairy-free coffee creamer or full fat coconut milk (optional, but makes it creamier)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1–2 tablespoons sweetener of choice, use more or less to taste
- handful of Honey Vanilla Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar, maple syrup, or other sweetener of choice, use more or less to taste
- pinch of salt
- dash of cinnamon, optional
- 4 cups milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy creamer or full-fat coconut milk, adds creaminess (optional)
- Heat almond milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until hot. You can also heat the milk in the microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the creamer, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips in a large mug. Pour the hot milk into the large mug and stir to combine. Add sugar to taste and top with marshmallows. Makes 1 serving.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk in about 1/2 cup milk and mix until well blended. Cook over medium heat until cocoa and sugar begin to dissolve, stirring continuously, then pour in remaining milk and creamer.
- Continue to cook of medium heat until hot. Pour into mugs, top with marshmallows or whipped (coconut) cream, and serve.
- Category: Drink