This vegan pumpkin spice latte is a delicious and healthier version of the popular Pumpkin Spice Latte. Made dairy free and with no refined sugar, this drink is paleo and vegan friendly!
It’s officially fall time and you know what that means, Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back in season! Save yourself some money (and calories) by making your own version at home! It’s not only easy, it contains a few, wholesome ingredients, many of which you may already have on hand!
I use this cheap Milk Frother from Amazon.com (they have similar frothers in-store at Ikea) to get the foamy milk on top, but if you don’t have a frother, you can whip the milk with a whisk or use coconut whipped cream (recipe HERE) instead!
It’s quick to make and so delicious. The perfect drink to enjoy on a brisk, autumn day!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Have a great weekend, friends!
You may have a bit of pumpkin puree leftover, so here are some recipe ideas to use it up!
Never miss out on new recipes like this one by following me on:
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk, almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Puree
- 1-3 tablespoons Maple Syrup, Coconut Sugar, or raw sugar, to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon (generous pinch) Pumpkin Pie Spice plus extra for garnish (If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, just use a couple dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice/cloves)
- ¼ cup almond milk or other milk of choice, heated and frothed with Milk Frother
- 1-2 shots of espresso OR ⅓ - ½ cup strong coffee (depending on how strong of a coffee flavor you want)
- In a small pot or microwave-safe mug, combine together ¼ almond/coconut milk, pumpkin puree, sweetener, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Heat on the stove for 2-3 minutes (or in the microwave for 30 seconds) just until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat and pour into your mug. Set aside.
- Heat ¼ cup of milk for 30 seconds in the microwave or in a pot on the stove until hot. Froth with milk frother or beat with a wire whisk until thick and foamy. Set aside.
- Add coffee or espresso to the mug with the pumpkin mixture and then pour in the frothy foamed milk and stir till combined. Top with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon and garnish with cinnamon stick (optional.) Serve immediately