From the looks and taste of it, you’d never know this green super smoothie consisted of healthy greens and wholesome ingredients. It’s is so delicious!
We love our smoothies around here. They’re full of nutritious fruits and veggies AND they taste like a milkshake!
Well, kind of. I actually prefer smoothies to
sickeningly sweet, full of high fructose corn syrup and artificial ingredients milkshakes. I love fueling my body with wholesome foods, don’t you?
AND it’s even better when you can’t tell something is healthy because it tastes so good!
This is one of my go-to smoothie recipes that we make pretty often. It’s full of
- Healthy greens—Which contain loads of fiber, not to mention essential vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado—Full of potassium, vitamin K, and like olive oil, is a “healthy fat.”
- Fruit—Blueberries contain helpful antioxidants, a high percentage of vitamin K, and resveratrol which is an anti-aging property. Bananas are full of fiber and potassium. Orange juice is high in vitamin C and other useful minerals.
The addition of frozen blueberries changes the “green” smoothie to more of a pretty purpley color. The sweetness from the orange juice and banana helps to cut out the “veggie” taste too. My kids could drink this stuff all day! They think they’re getting a treat and I know that they’re also getting a boost of nutrients. Another win-win, friends!
It takes less than 5 minutes to whip up this super smoothie! This recipe serves 1-2, so double the recipe if you care to share.
You can also make this into a smoothie bowl by topping with some fresh fruit, nuts and seeds! I hope you give it a try!
- 1 frozen overripe banana, cut into chunks
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup loosely packed spinach
- ½ cup loosely packed kale
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice or other liquid of choice. A little more may be needed if it's too thick.
- 1-2 teaspoons honey, optional
- fresh fruit, nuts, seeds of choice for topping, optional
- Combine all ingredients and blend together until smooth. Add more liquid and honey, if necessary. Makes 1-2 servings.
- To make a smoothie bowl, pour smoothie into a bowl and top with fresh fruit, nuts, and seeds. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, sliced kiwi, sliced banana, mango, goji berries, almonds, flaked coconut, chia seeds, or hemp seeds are all great choices.
You may also enjoy these similar recipes: