These vegan chocolate chip muffins are vegan friendly, gluten-free, and delicious! They only call for a few, wholesome ingredients and are simple to whip up!
This post will be short, but sweet…literaly! We just got home from a brief, but tiring, little getaway to Florida. The kids and I tagged along on my hubby’s business trip and spent a few days in Orlando before heading down to Miami to visit friends. We thought it’d be a great idea to drive from Oklahoma, because we
were obviously out of our minds had the kids, and the dog, and packed waaaay too much stuff to fly. Luckily my hubby agreed to drive, so I brought my laptop and was able to get lots of work done. It also helped the tedious drive go by much more quickly…well, for me anyway!
We went to the beach, did some shopping, and went to Universal Studios, which left me with a bout of motion sickness and a killer headache. When will I learn that I’m no longer the spontaneous teenager who can ride all the loopy roller coasters and spinny rides without some serious repercussions?!
We had lots of fun though and it was nice to see our old friends. Just remind me next time I start talking about a road trip to at least rent an RV or something…oh and to leave the dog with a sitter!
As soon as we got home I baked up these yummy chocolate chip muffins for us to snack on. I was away from my kitchen way too long and missed the ability to whip up whatever I’m craving. These are super simple to throw together and are like chocolate chip cookies, but in muffin form—SO good! I hope you give them a try! Enjoy!!
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour or regular unbleached all-purpose flour (I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour)
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour (made by grinding gf rolled oats)
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- ⅓ cup avocado oil, olive oil, or other oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dairy-free chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine flours, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in milk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Add ¾ cup chocolate chips and stir just until incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full with the batter. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the batter in each muffin cup.
- Place pan onto the middle rack in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until muffins are slightly domed and toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let muffins cool slightly in the pan before removing. Makes 12-14 muffins.
- Loosely adapted from The Joy of Vegan Baking cookbook.