These chocolate chip muffins are moist, delicious, and only call for a few, wholesome ingredients, including oats & coconut sugar! Also free of gluten, dairy, and eggs.
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour made by grinding gf rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour or regular unbleached all-purpose flour, I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1/3 cup avocado oil, olive oil, or other oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 425º F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine flours, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in milk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Add 3/4 cup chocolate chips and stir just until incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the batter in each muffin cup.
- Place pan onto the middle rack and bake at 425º for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350º and continue to bake for another 12–15 minutes, or until muffins are slightly domed and toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let muffins cool slightly in the pan before removing. Makes 12 muffins.
- Loosely adapted from The Joy of Vegan Baking cookbook.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: gluten-free, dairy-free