This Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup post is sponsored by Taylor Farms, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Wife Mama Foodie!
Now that the weather is finally cooling down here in the southwest, I find myself constantly craving cozy bowls of soup for lunch and dinner. I’m typically the cold-natured person in the family (who even wraps up in blankets in the summertime! 😳) so a hot bowl of soup is one meal that’s welcome anytime!
I like to load my soup with all the delicious vegetables, not only because it makes it a much more filling meal, but my kids will usually eat more veggies when it’s in soup. Not sure why that is, but hey, whatever works, right?!
These Stir Fry Kits are amazing! Not only are there several delicious flavors to choose from—Teriyaki, Sesame Chili, and Ginger Garlic, just to name a few—but, making a healthy dinner with these kits could not be easier. It comes with a pre-washed blend of vegetables and a delicious sauce packet, which you can use to make a tasty side or add your favorite protein and serve as a complete meal over rice or quinoa. There are lots of delicious meal ideas on the Taylor Farms website too, so be sure to check out their recipe page to get inspired!
This soup was so simple to make and only has a handful of ingredients. I added some rice noodles to make it a bit more hearty, but you can easily omit the noodles or use your favorite spiralized veggie noodles instead!
- 3–4 tablespoons red curry paste, use more or less to taste
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (from the can)
- 3–4 cups vegetable broth, to taste
- 1 package Taylor Farms Coconut Curry Stir Fry Kit
- 1–3 teaspoons curry powder, to taste (optional)
- 4 oz. rice noodles (can use thick or thin noodles) cooked "al dente" according to package directions
- optional garnishes: chopped cilantro, bell pepper slices, lime wedges, green and/or red onion
- Place a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add red curry paste and sauté for a few seconds to release the flavor. Stir in coconut milk, broth, and the curry sauce packet from the Taylor Farms Coconut Curry Stir Fry Kit. Taste and season with salt and/or additional curry powder.
- Once the seasoning is good, bring broth to a gentle boil. Add the vegetables from the Stir Fry Kit and boil for 4–5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in noodles and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- To serve, place soup into bowls and top with chopped cilantro, sliced bell pepper, onion, and/or lime wedges. Makes 3–4 servings.