This asian chopped salad with grilled teriyaki kebabs are light, refreshing, and delicious. This recipe is so simple and quick to make.
There’s something about summer that makes me crave grilled food. You can step outside of our house in the evenings and get a whiff of the neighbors cooking up dinner on the BBQ. That delicious aroma is usually enough to have me rummaging through the fridge looking for a quick meal to throw on the grill. Luckily, our grilled dinners are usually pretty quick and easy, like this Asian Chopped Salad with Grilled Teriyaki Kebabs! As we usually keep our refrigerator drawers stocked with all kinds of fresh, summer produce, it’s easy to stick a variety of chopped veggies onto a skewer, add some chicken or tofu, and cook them for a few minutes on the grill. You can season them with your favorite seasonings or top them with any glaze, but my go-to flavor is teriyaki. For a complete meal, we like to serve these on a simple salad.
I’ve been recruiting the kids to help out with dinner more, which has really helped me out tremendously! I definitely appreciate the extra set of hands in the kitchen. That saying, “many hands make the load lighter” is so very true!! Dinner gets done in a fraction of the time when you have everyone on pitching in to help.
If only they were as enthusiastic about helping with the house chores!
The nice thing about these kebabs, is that you can use whatever you have on hand. I used pineapple, zucchini, red onion, grape tomatoes, and a combo of tofu and chicken. However, you could easily change up the veggies, or use tuna or beef instead and these kebabs would still be amazing. I included a simple teriyaki marinade, but a bottled teriyaki glaze will work as well.
Light, refreshing, and delicious, this simple Asian salad with grilled kebabs is definitely one you’ll want on your summer rotation!
And while we’re on the topic of salads, Taylor Farms is hosting weekly giveaways on their Instagram page! To enter, all you have to do is create an original Instagram post showing how you enjoy their chopped salad kits, along with the hashtags #SummertimeSaladTime and #TaylorFarms. Check their page for more information.
Here are some coupons to use on your next purchase of Taylor Farms products! Enjoy!
- 1 package extra firm tofu (drained, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes) or 2–3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks (or another protein of choice)
- 1 cup teriyaki glaze, divided (store-bought or homemade recipe below*)
- 3 cups mixed veggies of choice (I used 1 zucchini, ½ pineapple, 1 cup grape tomatoes, ½ large red onion, cut into 1–2 inch chunks)
- 1–2 packages Taylor Farms Asian Chopped Salad Kit
- 8–10 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15–20 minutes
- Reserve ⅓ cup teriyaki glaze for later. Place remaining glaze into a container or baggie, along with the tofu or chicken. Let marinate at least 30 minutes to overnight, flipping halfway to ensure even marinating .
- Preheat grill to medium–high and lightly oil grate. Thread veggies and marinated tofu/chicken on the soaked skewers. Place skewers onto the grill and cook for a few minutes each side. Baste with reserved ⅓ cup of glaze. (If cooking chicken make sure chicken is fully cooked on the inside) Remove from heat.
- Place contents of salad kit onto a large platter and top with crunchy toppings. Top salad with skewers and serve with the Asian style dressing from the kit.
Combine the reserved ⅓ cup marinade with 1 teaspoon cornstarch and heat in the microwave or in a small saucepan until thickened (a few minutes. must come to a boil in order to thicken using cornstarch)
This post was sponsored by Taylor Farms, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Wife Mama Foodie!