Crispy baked rosemary fries with vegan lemon-garlic aioli are seasoned oven fries with rosemary with a creamy lemon and garlic infused aioli. Vegan-friendly and free of gluten and dairy!
Crispy potatoes, a.k.a. french fries, are a favorite in our house. I could eat them all day. And sometimes do. I am, for obvious reasons, deeply attracted to carbs, whatever their shape or form. Why couldn’t I have that same desire for all other vegetables?
Instead of your typical “french fries” which are deep fried in a vat of oil, I like to bake mine in the oven. Baking them at a high temperature with just a drizzle of oil helps them to crips up nicely. Add some seasonings and herbs, and I dare say you have the quintessence of potato dishes.
The potatoes are pretty fantastic on their own, but I think fries must have a good dip. A simple aioli works great with these crispy potatoes. The fries are seasoned with rosemary so I decided a lemony aioli would pair wonderfully.
The base of this aioli starts with a good mayonnaise. You can choose to make your own, but if you don’t eat eggs or are strictly vegan, Sir Kensington’s makes a great vegan mayo that’s made with all-natural, non-GMO ingredients. Instead of eggs, the traditional base of mayonnaise, Sir Kensington’s uses aquafaba, the leftover cooking water from chickpeas. This starchy liquid has many egg-like properties and mimics the thickening power of eggs. Sir Kensington’s combines aquafaba with their special blend of ingredients to make this delicious and flavorful mayonnaise, which to me tastes just like regular mayo!
Sir Kensington’s Fabanaise, along with their other products— ketchup, mustard, and regular mayonnaise—is available at Whole Foods and many other natural retailers. Click here to learn more about Fabanaise and to find a coupon to use in store.
Just be careful. This fry and dip combo is pretty addictive! Good thing it’s made with all-natural, wholesome ingredients.. 💛
Crispy Baked Rosemary Fries with Vegan Lemon-Garlic Aioli
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2-3 servings 1x
Crispy seasoned oven fries with rosemary with a creamy lemon and garlic infused aioli. Vegan-friendly and free of gluten and dairy!
- 3 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Oil or another high temperature oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- generous sprinkling of salt and pepper
- Lemon garlic aioli:
- 1/2 cup Sir Kensington’s Fabanaise Vegan Mayo
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- salt and pepper
To Make Lemon-Garlic Aioli:
- Into a small bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, zest and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Crispy Baked Rosemary Fries:
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Place potatoes on the lined pan and drizzle oil over top and sprinkle with rosemary and plenty of salt and pepper. Toss potatoes with your fingers to evenly coat with oil and seasonings.
- Place pan into the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and flip fries with a spatula. Return to the oven and continue to bake until potatoes are golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately with the aioli.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Vegan, Gluten-Free
This post is sponsored by Sir Kensington’s, but all content and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help support Wife Mama Foodie!
I’m making fries to go with our hot dogs tonight and I’m definitely going to make this lemon aioli to go with it! Luckily, I just picked up a jar of Sir Kensigtons last week at Nature’s Food Patch!
Travis is going to be so surprised because I never cook with mayo, but i’m 100% okay with using a vegan mayo! I know he’s going to love this!
Harriet Emily says
These fries look absolutely incredible Joscelyn, they are making me soooo hungry right now! Seriously love the sound of the vegan aioli too! Yum!
Anu - My Ginger Garlic Kitchen says
These rosemary fries look so nice, crispy and flavorsome. VEGAN mayo sounds awesome. And that lemon garlic aioli sounds like the perfect pairing.
Yum! I love fries of any kind but these sound absolutely delicious!
Manali @ CookWithManali says
These fried look so good, yum!! and wow vegan mayo, I have to try this!!
These sound unbelievably good! They’re going on my to-make list!
These look absolutely amazing! I am going to try them this week.
That aoili sounds absolutely delicious! I could put it on everything!
Those fries look so delicious! I definitely want to try them!!
These look so good! Great photos too.
Greta | http://www.gretahollar.com