Cookies in a jar makes the perfect gift idea for any dessert lover, or skip the jar and make the cookies for yourself! They’re paleo and vegan friendly and free of gluten, grains, dairy, and refined sugar!
We’ve made our fair share of cookies this season. Sugar, shortbread, gingerbread, you name it and we’ve probably made it. I don’t discriminate, I love all the cookies, but I do have a special place in my
belly heart for chocolate chip cookies. They’re the classic treat that makes the house smell amazing and each bite of ooey gooey chocolatey goodness brings a mouthful of happiness. Just give ma a few cookies and a glassful of ice cold almond milk and I am in dessert heaven!
There’s no greater gift than the gift of joy and what greater way to spread joy than with cookies! Sure, you can bake up a batch of chocolate chip cookies for your friends and family, but they’ll probably just get placed on top of all the other cookie tins and treat boxes since most of us are buried under a mountain of holiday goodies as it is. Better yet, give the gift of homemade cookies to be made at their convenience!
These cookies in a jar are simple to assemble and both vegan and paleo friendly, yet delicious enough to be enjoyed by everyone!
But a jar isn’t needed to make this deliciousness. Yep, I added the regular recipe below as well because you’ll definitely want to make a batch (or three) of these for yourself! Enjoy!
- ⅔ cup (90g) coconut sugar
- 2 cups (230g) finely ground almond flour
- 2 tablespoons (17.5g) arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon (6g) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5g) of salt
- 1 cup (5–6 oz) chopped chocolate or chocolate chips (I use dark or semi-sweet chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) melted coconut oil or butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl—coconut sugar, almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, salt, & chocolate. Stir in melted coconut oil and water and stir just until combined. If mixture is too dry, add another tablespoon or two of water, just until mixture holds together. Should be the consistency of thick cookie dough.
- Scoop cookies out by the heaping tablespoon (or ¼ cup for large cookies) onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or just until cookies are golden brown. Remove and let cool fully before handling or they may break apart.
- I used this ¾ L / 28.7 oz Weck Jar and everything fit perfectly.
- Layer the jar as follows. I found it easier to make a funnel out of a large piece of parchment paper rolled up with a large opening at the top, like a cone.
- /3 cup (90g) coconut sugar at the bottom.
- Next layer is almond flour blended in a bowl with arrowroot starch, baking soda, and salt.
- The top layer is the chopped chocolate/chocolate chips.
- Ingredients should fit snug, so they don't shift around.
- Include a tag with the following info:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- –contents from jar
- –1/4 cup water
- –2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix together contents from jar, water, and melted oil/butter until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before handling. Makes about 1½ dozen cookies.
You may also enjoy these similar recipes: