These chocolate chip cookies are not only delicious, but also vegan friendly, gluten free, grain free, and naturally sweetened with coconut sugar! Scroll down for a “cookie in a jar” tutorial to give these delicious cookies as gifts!
- 2 cups (230g) finely ground almond flour
- 2/3 cup (90g) coconut sugar (I like using golden coconut sugar)
- 2 tablespoons (17.5g) arrowroot starch or tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.5g) of salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup (5–6 oz) chopped chocolate or chocolate chips (I use dark or semi-sweet chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl—almond flour, coconut sugar, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt. Stir in melted coconut oil and water and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. If mixture is too dry, add another tablespoon or two of water, just until mixture holds together. Should be the consistency of thick cookie dough.
- Scoop cookies out by the heaping tablespoon (or 1/4 cup for large cookies) onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly with your hand or the bottom of a glass. Bake 8-10 minutes or just until cookies are golden brown. Remove and let cool fully before handling or they may break apart.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: cookies, gluten free, vegan