A deliciously rich and thick chocolate smoothie full of healthy ingredients. Includes avocado, chia seeds, bananas, and peanut butter. Dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free, and vegan.
- 1 ripe banana, frozen if you have it
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder
- 1–2 tablespoon almond, peanut or other nut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds (Optional. Makes it thicker)
- 1 cup cold almond milk, a little more may be needed if you want it thinner
- 1–2 pitted dates or 1–2 teaspoons of honey/maple syrup, if needed (only use dates if you have a high powered blender)
- few ice cubes, unless you used frozen bananas
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Frozen bananas make the smoothie cold and thicker, but you can add a few ice cubes if you use an unfrozen banana. The amount of dates/honey/syrup you use is a matter of taste. Only add if needed. Because of the chia seeds, this shake thickens as it sits. Add more milk if you’d like it thinner.
- Serving Size: 2