These cookie bars are the perfect treat to use up leftover Valentine’s Day Candy. Can even be made gluten free and vegan with listed substitutions.
- 3/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil (can use dairy-free butter)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice or water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free measure for measure flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped Valentine chocolate candy bars or candy pieces, plus more for decorating the top (use dairy-free, if needed)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for top (optional. Use dairy-free if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, sugars, milk, and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring just until combined. Stir in candy and chocolate chips.
- Press cookie dough evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until golden brown. May take more time, depending upon the pan you use and your oven.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars and serving. Makes 9–12 bars.