This granola is is naturally sweetened and full of wholesome ingredients. It has coconut, macadamia nuts, and dried fruit, which gives it a tropical twist! Replace oats with more nuts to make it entirely grain-free!
- 3 cups rolled oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 1/2 cups large unsweetened coconut flakes/chips + 1/3–1/2 cup extra to stir in at the end
- 1 cup roughly chopped raw macadamia nuts, cashews, or other raw nut of choice
- 1 cup almonds, pecans, or other raw nut of choice
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds (white sesame can also be used)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, flaxseed meal, or combo of both
- 3 large overripe bananas (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pitted dates, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup dried fruit—pineapple, mango, papaya, banana chips, etc., roughly chopped/bite sized (or more to taste. Preferably unsweetened.)
- Preheat oven to 300F. Combine oats, coconut, nuts, sesame seeds, & chia seeds in a large bowl. Mix together thoroughly and set aside.
- In a food processor or high powered blender, blend together bananas, dates, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and salt until creamy and smooth.
- Add banana puree to oat & nut mixture and toss well to evenly coat. Spread granola into a single layer on a baking sheet (may require two baking sheets).
- Place baking sheet onto the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and gently flip granola to brown the other side. Continue to bake for another 15 minutes, and then toss in dried fruit and extra coconut. Bake another 5-10 minutes until granola is golden brown. Let cool thoroughly on the pan before before storing in a large jar or airtight container.
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Gluten-Free, Breakfast