A deliciously sweet cornbread with adaptations to make it gluten, dairy, and egg free, as well as vegan!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free cup for cup flour blend (regular all-purpose flour will work also)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted grass-fed/dairy-free butter or coconut oil, or other oil of choice (use refined coconut oil to eliminate the coconut flavor)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey, pure maple syrup, or agave (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 cup plain almond milk, or other milk
- 1 egg (for egg-free use flax egg: 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons water)
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in melted butter, sweetener, milk, and eggs/flax egg and mix just until incorporated with the dry ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 9×9 pan and bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Bread, Side