Mixed summer fruit is topped with a simple, gf oat crumble. This lightly sweetened crisp is easy to make, vegan friendly and free of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar!
- coconut/avocado oil (or oil of choice) for greasing pan
- 5–6 cups fruit of choice (Can use fresh or frozen. I used a combo blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and sliced peaches)
- 3–4 tablespoons maple syrup, honey, or sugar (depending on the sweetness of your fruit. Use more or less to taste.)
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free flour blend or unbleached all-purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flourone !important; margin:0px !important;” />, in the blue bag)
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- oat topping (recipe below)
- 1 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten-free oatsone !important; margin:0px !important;” />, if needed)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, pecans, or shredded coconut (or extra rolled oats for nut-free version)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour blend or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons softened coconut oil or butter (can use dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch baking pan. Add 5-6 cups of fruit (I used a combo of sliced peaches and mixed berries) and top with sweetener, flour, and cinnamon. Gently toss together to evenly coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, nuts, flour, and salt. Mix in softened coconut oil or butter until well combined and no large chunks of oil/butter remain.
- Sprinkle oat topping over the fruit mixture and place into the oven for 50–60 minutes, or until oat mixture is golden brown and fruit filling is bubbly. Makes 5–6 servings.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free, Vegan