This simple dish has spiralized sweet potato noodles, stir-fried with veggies and coated in a delicious homemade sauce. Grain, gluten, and dairy free. Vegan and paleo friendly.
- 1/3 cup low sodium tamari (gluten free), coconut aminosone !important; margin:0px !important;” /> (grain & gluten free), or soy sauce (neither grain or gluten free)
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, coconut sugar, coconut nectar, or brown sugar (add more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch of black pepper (can use crushed red pepper or sriracha if you like it more spicy)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (avocadoone !important; margin:0px !important;” />, coconut oilone !important; margin:0px !important;” />, or other oil of choice)
- 1 medium onion (I used yellow, but any will do)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage or other leafy vegetable like napa cabbage, baby bok choy, spinach, or regular cabbage
- 4–5 mushrooms, sliced (shiitake, baby bella, button, etc.)
- 1 bell pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced, any color will do
- 1 cup sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled*
To Make Sauce:
- Combine tamari/soy sauce, honey/coconut sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and pinch of pepper in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Chop ends off potatoes and use the smaller noodle setting on your spiralizer to thin noodles. Set aside. You can also use your spiralizer blade of choice, just keep in mind cooking times will vary.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok over high heat. Add onion and sauté for a minute or two, just until it begins to turn translucent. Stir in garlic, cabbage, bell pepper, and mushrooms; cook for a few minutes.
- Add your spiralized noodles, pea pods, and half of the sauce mixture. Stir quickly. Sauce will begin to reduce sauce, coating the noodles. Add more sauce as needed and continue cooking until noodles and veggies are crisp-tender (soft but will have a bite; al dente). Serves 4–6.
*Can substitute zucchini noodles for the sweet potato, although cooking time will vary.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Entree, Gluten Free, Grain Free