These rolls are a family fave! They’re soft, fluffy, delicious, and can be made in an hour! Vegan friendly and refined sugar free!
- 3–4 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon rapid rise or instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt (half salt if using salted butter)
- 3/4 cup warm almond milk or other milk of choice (heated to about 110ºF)
- 3/4 cup warm water (heated to about 110ºF)
- 1/3 cup oil of choice or melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey, pure cane sugar, or other sweetener of choice
Honey-Butter spread: (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (can use dairy-free)
- 1–2 tablespoons honey or other sweetener of choice
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour of flour in a large mixing bowl, with yeast and salt. Stir in warm milk, water, oil, and honey/sugar/sweetener. Keep stirring until dough is smooth. Stir in flour, a little at a time, until dough is soft and begins pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Don’t add too much flour or rolls will be hard and dry. You may not need the full amount of flour.
- Cover bowl and let rest for 5–10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan or two round pie pans and set aside.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 16–20 pieces. I usually just keep cutting the dough in halves until each piece is a little larger than the size of a golfball. Dust your hands and the dough with flour, if it gets too sticky.
- Take each piece of dough and shape into a smooth ball. Place the balls in the greased pans close together. Cover each pan with a damp kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place for 20–30 minutes. If your kitchen is cold, place into a cold oven with a pot of just boiled water.
- Once rolls have risen, place pans into preheated oven and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and centers are fully cooked. May take longer if your rolls are larger or less time if your rolls are small.
- While rolls are baking, mix together softened butter and honey. Brush over warm rolls before serving.
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dairy Free, Vegan, Sides