These oat crepes are simple to make and are free of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar. Delicious served with fresh or roasted fruit and coconut whipped cream!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour, like Mochiko
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or other oil of choice, plus more for pan
- 1 flaxseed egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water) or 1 large egg
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup or sugar, to taste
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4–1 1/2 cup milk of choice, start with lesser amount and add more if needed
- maple roasted nectarines recipe HERE
- coconut whipped cream (recipe in notes) or powdered sugar, optional toppings
- Place the oats, rice flour, oil, egg, sweetener, salt and milk into a blender and blend until creamy. Batter should be slightly thinner than pancake batter. Let batter sit for a few minutes while heating up the pan. I used a nonstick crepe pan, similar to this one, but any nonstick pan will do.
- Lightly grease pan and pour 1/4 – 1/3 cup batter and tilt the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter into a large thin circle. If the batter doesn’t spread quickly or if the crepes are too thick, it may need a bit more milk blended in.
- Let cook 1–2 minutes and then carefully flip to the other side to finish cooking. Remove crepe to a cooling rack and repeat the process until remaining batter is used up. Makes 5–7 crepes, depending on how large you make them. (tip: If they break while flipping, they are either too thin or need to cook longer before flipping.)
- I recommend placing hot crepes on a wire rack to cool before stacking them, otherwise they may stick together if you stack them while hot.
- Top crepes with maple roasted nectarines or fresh fruit of choice, coconut whipped cream (how to in notes) and/or powdered sugar.
Coconut whipped cream: 1 can full fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight and 1–3 teaspoons maple syrup or powdered sugar, (to taste). Remove hardened coconut cream from can and place into a bowl. Discard water left in can or save for another use. Blend hardened cream with sweetener with a hand mixer or wire whisk until fluffy. Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Gluten-Free, Breakfast, Dessert