This simple crudités platter and homemade hummus recipe is full of fresh fruits and veggies. It’s a super easy snack for your next party or gathering!
Happy New Year, Friends! Can’t believe the year is almost over. It has truly flown by for me, but was a great year! I would just like to take a quick moment to thank you all for your continued support over this past year—For coming back week after week to check out recipes, tagging me in your Wifemamafoodie creations on Instagram, leaving encouraging comments, and so on. Even though I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting many of you in person, I consider you my friends and I enjoy sharing my thoughts and recipes with you each week! Thank you so much for following along! And now, on to the recipe… 😊
Crudités is a fancy French way for saying “vegetable platter.” But, you can forget about ever buying those ready-made fruit and veggie platters at the grocery store again! Nobody really likes to eat those dried out veggies that have been packaged up for weeks! Seriously, nobody does. It is very simple and much prettier to make your own using an assortment of fresh fruits and veggies!
Tips to making a great Crudités platter:
- Forget the list! Go to your grocery store and buy whatever is in season and looks delicious!
- Buy an assortment of fruits and veggies to give a variety of flavors and options.
- Buy an assortment of colors. Vibrant produce is not only more beautiful to look at, each colorful fruit and veggie contains different beneficial vitamins and nutrients.
- Cut larger fruit or veggies into smaller pieces for easy snacking and dipping.
- Distribute color and shapes evenly around the tray
- Layer each section with plenty of fruits and veggies. An overflowing platter of delicious food is visually appealing and inviting.
You can serve any dip in your tray or include an assortment! I included the recipe to an easy hummus dip I like to make without tahini, since my children don’t like the flavor, which takes less than 5 minutes to make in the food processor!
This makes the most perfect and easy appetizer to serve before dinner or even as a snack for a party. With the variety of options and flavors, you’re sure to appeal to everyone’s tastes as well! Enjoy and may you have a happy and safe New Year!Print