This Roasted Potato Sheet Pan Salad with Buffalo Ranch Dressing post is sponsored by Taylor Farms, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Wife Mama Foodie!
With summer right around the corner, my body is already starting to transition into vacation mode. As the kids wrap up the last few weeks of school, our schedule has been packed with end of year testing and final projects, which means I have been making lots of easy, one-pan meals for dinner. I love meals like these because they’re simple to throw together and make cleanup a breeze, because nobody wants to spend their summer break washing dishes!
My current obsession is sheet pan salads! They’re are not only filling and delicious, but figure-friendly too—Hello, swimsuit season! Taylor Farms make salads super easy with their chopped salad kits, which conveniently include everything you need for a hearty salad, from a yummy dressing to crunchy toppings. And since the month of May is National Salad Month, they have several new flavors out too, like Maple Bourbon Bacon, Avocado Ranch, and Buffalo Ranch—my personal fave!
My family loves anything buffalo flavored, and pairing it with creamy ranch dressing makes it even better! Taylor Farms Buffalo Ranch Chopped kit comes with a delicious salad blend, including chopped romaine lettuce, broccoli, green and red cabbage, green onions, and carrots. Besides the tasty buffalo ranch dressing, it also includes spicy buffalo seasoned croutons and creamy Monterey jack cheese.
The salad is amazing on its own, but we made it even more hearty by adding spicy roasted sweet potatoes, juicy tomatoes, chopped avocado and a squeeze of fresh lime. Boy, was it a yummy combo! It had the perfect amount of spice, which was balanced with the creaminess of the avocado and sweetness from the roasted tomatoes.
To top it all off, everything was made in one sheet pan too! No need to dirty a salad bowl, just add the salad to the same pan you roasted the potatoes and tomatoes on, toss, and serve with all the flavorful toppings. Your family gets a delicious and nutritious meal, and you have a barely dirtied kitchen with minimal cleanup. Sounds like a win-win to me!
Be sure to also visit Taylor Farms on Instagram for details on their National Salad Month giveaway—a month’s worth of salad and a salad side-kick prize pack!! Yes, please!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3–4 tablespoons avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- generous pinch of black pepper and/or cayenne pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, whole or sliced
- 1–2 bags Taylor Farms Buffalo Ranch Chopped Kit
- avocado and lime slices for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 450º. Place peeled and chopped sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Toss to coat evenly and spread into a single layer. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20–25 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and flip potatoes with a spatula. Add tomatoes and return the pan back to the oven to bake for 10–15 minutes, until potatoes are soft and tomatoes are lightly roasted.
- Let cool slightly before adding salad. Open Taylor Farm’s Buffalo Ranch salad kit and remove dressing and topping packets. Add salad to the pan of roasted sweet potatoes and tomatoes and toss everything together. Top salad with your favorite toppings, like sliced avocado and fresh lime wedges, for drizzling over salad.
- Serve with the seasoned croutons, shredded cheese, and buffalo ranch dressing from the kit. Simply omit the croutons for a grain and gluten-free meal.
- Makes 3–6 servings