This simple fruit salad is the perfect side for your summer get togethers and 4th of July BBQs! It’s healthy, fresh, and easy to make!
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2–3 apples
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Cut watermelon into 1/2-inch slices. Use a small or medium (1″–2″) star cutter (I used these and one similar to this set) to cut out as many watermelon stars as you can. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Slice apples into 1/4″ slices. Use a small 1/2″ star cutter to cut out as many apple stars as you can. Toss in lemon juice to keep from browning. Place into bowl.
- Cut the green stems off of each strawberry. Use a paring knife to cut zig zag slices around the center of each strawberry (see photo above.) Separate the two sides and place into the bowls.
- Finally, stir in blueberries. Serve right away.
- Category: Dessert, 4th of July, Vegan