These no-bake berry tarts are both healthy and delicious. The raw crust and filling are full of wholesome ingredients and are very simple to make!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dried figs (stems removed) or pitted dates
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in purified water several hours to overnight, rinsed, and drained
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (not raw)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 whole lemon)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (about half an orange)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk or other milk of choice (can also use additional lemon/orange juice)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1.5 teaspoon orange zest
- fresh mixed berries for topping
- Line each cup of a 12-count muffin tin with squares of plastic wrap or parchment paper strips (approximately 1″ x 6.5″) and set aside.
- Place figs/dates and nuts into the bowl of a food processor. Add a pinch of salt and blend until mixture is coarse and holds together. Place a loosely pack 1/4 cup of mixture into each muffin tin and press evenly against the bottom and sides to form a crust. Place into the fridge to chill while making the filling.
- Into a clean processor or heavy-duty blender, place pre-soaked (and drained) cashews and pulse until the cashews begin to break down. Add sweetener, lemon and orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and zest. Blend until creamy and begin adding milk by the tablespoonful until it reaches a thick pudding consistency. Divide filling evenly between the 12 cups. Can also use a pastry bag or gallon sized baggie to neatly pipe filling into each cup. Cover pan carefully and place into the fridge to chill for at least one hour.
- To serve, carefully lift out each tart from the muffin pan. If you used plastic wrap, it should come out fairly easily by lifting the plastic out of the cups. If you used parchment strips, use a small offset spatula or thin knife to carefully loosen the sides of the crust from the pan. Carefully wiggle each side of the parchment tabs and lift each tart out of the pan.
- Top each tart with fresh berries and serve chilled. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten Free, Grain Free