Delicious oats made the night before with swirls of peanut butter and a homemade chia jelly! Hearty, healthy, and delicious!
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 tablespoon Maple Syrup or Honey, more may be needed if you like it sweeter
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk or other milk of choice (use the lesser amount for thicker oats)
- 1–2 spoonfuls natural peanut butter, or other nut butter of choice, to taste
- pinch of salt, if your pb isn’t already salted
- 1–2 spoonfuls of chia jelly, to taste
- Optional Toppings: Sliced bananas, chopped almonds, cacao nibs, mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup mashed fruit of choice, I used strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (add an extra teaspoon of chia seeds if fruit has a lot of liquid)
- 1/2–2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, optional
- (I doubled the recipe in the photos above!) In a medium container or jar, combine together oats, chia seeds, flaxseed, maple syrup, and milk until mixed thoroughly. Stir in a spoonful or two of peanut butter. Cover and put into the refrigerator for several hours to overnight. In the morning, stir oatmeal and add a splash of milk, if too thick. Stir in chia jam and drizzle with extra peanut butter, if needed. You can also top your oats with additional toppings, such as banana slices, chopped nuts, cacao nibs, etc. Makes one serving.
- To make chia jelly, combine mashed fruit, chia seeds, and sweetener. Stir to combine. Lemon juice is good to add if your fruit is a little on the sweet side. I like to add it to give it a nice flavor contrast, but it’s optional. Cover and refrigerate along with the oats.*
- *Tip: If you can remember, it’s nice to give this a stir after it has been sitting for a while, at least one time before going to bed. The chia seeds tend to get clumped together in the beginning and can’t absorb the liquid as well. If you forget, it’s not the end of the world. You just may end up with some chia clumps in the jelly. Just stir well in the morning.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten Free, Vegan