These peach blueberry crumb bars are like a taste of summer in each bite! They’re simple to make and can be made vegan friendly, gluten free, and free of refined sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil*, melted
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in melted butter/oil with a fork until crumbly and mixture holds together when pressed between two fingers. Mixture should be crumbly, but not too dry. If it’s too crumbly and won’t hold together, add just enough liquid (1-2 teaspoons) to help it come together. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping and press remaining mixture evenly into the bottom of prepared pan.
- In the now empty bowl, mix together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. If using maple syrup, add this with the fruit.
- Add peaches and berries (and maple syrup, if using), and toss together with cornstarch mixture.
- Pour filling over prepared crust, then sprinkle reserved crumble evenly over fruit. To get large crumbles, press reserved mixture tightly in one hand, then break up into chunks and crumble over fruit.
- Place pan into the oven on the middle rack and bake 50-60 minutes, or just until crumble is lightly brown and fruit filling is bubbly. Let cool completely, at least 1 hour, before cutting into bars
*Use refined coconut oil if you don’t want coconut flavor.
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Bars, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free