This Patriotic DIY Fruit Pizza Platter features star shaped cookies with cream cheese frosting and an array of fruit to decorate your own mini fruit pizzas! The cookies and frosting are vegan friendly and free of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar as well!
- 1–2 recipes Simple Cut Out Cookies
For the Red Stripes:
- 12–16 oz container raspberries, or other red fruit of choice
- 16 oz container strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 pound pitted cherries, or other red fruit of choice
For the Blue Section:
- 6 oz blueberries
- 6 oz blackberries or extra blueberries
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese, softened
- 2–4 tablespoons maple syrup or other sweetener of choice, use more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Follow the recipe for my Simple Cut Out Cookies, using medium–large star cutters (I used these Wilton Stars Nesting Metal Cutter Set for the larger cookies and for the smaller cookies I used cutters similar to these) I used 1 recipe in photos above, but 2 would provide extra cookies to refill the platter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sweetener, and vanilla extract together until fluffy. Taste and add additional sweetener as needed.
Preparing the Platter:
- I recommend using a rectangular tray, small baking sheet, or serving platter if you plan to transport this dessert. You can also use a large cutting board if it will stay in one place.
- Place the sliced strawberries in a row at the bottom of the platter. Place another row of red fruit in the middle of the platter. Place the final row of red fruit at the top covering 2/3 of the right side, leaving 1/3 open for the blueberries.
- For the “white” stripes, place a row of cookies in between each of the red rows of fruit.
- Finish the platter by filling the top left corner with the blueberries/blackberries. You can choose to add a small dish of the cream cheese frosting to the platter or leave it on the side and fill in the rest of the white stripe with additional cookies.
- For serving, people will take a cookie, spread some frosting on top and then top with fruit of choice. Makes about 20-30 mini pizzas with 1 cookie recipe (depending on how large and thick you make the cookies.)
- Category: gluten-free, 4th of July, vegan