Combination of banana and zucchini breads with the delicious addition of chocolate chips! Grain, gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free too!
For The Bread:
- 1 cup superfine almond flour or almond meal
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- or raw cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: all flours, flax meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in bananas, zucchini, milk, maple syrup, and eggs until incorporated. Stir in the coconut oil (I like to stir the coconut oil in by itself so it doesn’t re-solidify.) Then you can mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased or parchment paper lined loaf pan. Bake at 350 F for 55 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan. Meanwhile you can begin to prepare the glaze. In a small bowl combine the maple syrup and cocoa powder, mixing until combined. Drizzle over the loaf before serving. Yields: 1 loaf.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dessert,