This no-bake strawberry cream pie is a simple and delicious way to enjoy a cheesecake-like dessert! It’s dairy free, gluten free, vegan friendly, and can also be made with alternative sweeteners.
Crust: (can also use a ready made pie crust of choice)
- 10.5 oz package gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies, with filling, ground into crumbs (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil (may need more if using graham crackers or wafers)
- 1 tablespoon pure cane sugar, coconut sugar, or other granulated sweetener of choice
- 16 oz. dairy-free or regular cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2–3 cans (about 2 cups) chilled coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk, only hardened cream, liquid discarded* (see note for heavy cream alternative)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup pure cane sugar or coconut sugar (use more or less to taste)
- 1 oz. bag freeze dried strawberries, ground into powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon (use more or less to taste)
- fresh strawberries, for serving
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted coconut oil or butter until combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or freeze for 20–30 minutes, until firm.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again. Add coconut cream a little at a time, beating until well combined. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and beat again to ensure it’s thoroughly mixed. Slowly beat in sugar until incorporated. Remove 1/2-2/3 cup of whipped cream cheese mixture to pipe onto finished pie at the end (optional).
- Mix in strawberry powder until combined, then gradually drizzle in melted coconut oil, beating well with each addition. Finally, mix in lemon juice and zest.
- Spread filling evenly into prepared crust. Top with fresh strawberries and pipe reserved whipped cream mixture around berries, as desired. (I used Wilton tips 18, 1m, and 4b) Chill pie for several hours, until set.
*Can substitute coconut cream with 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Beat heavy whipping cream in separate bowl until light and fluffy. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Omit addition of coconut oil as well. It is only used to firm up the dairy free filling.
- Category: Dessert, Vegan, Dairy free