This no-bake strawberry cream pie is a simple and delicious way to enjoy a cheesecake-like dessert! It’s dairy free, gluten free, plus vegan friendly, and can also be made with alternative sweeteners.
This year is passing by so quickly. Can you believe it’s almost spring? It seems as if Christmas was just a few weeks ago and now it’s almost Easter! When I was younger, I felt like my childhood dragged. School for me was torturous, yet never ending. I couldn’t wait to be an adult and done with the petty cliques and mean girls who loved making my life miserable…little did I know mean girls just grow up into mean women! 😳
But now that I’m older and wanting life to slow down a little, it just flies by. My kids were just babies, now they’re almost adults! Ugh, I don’t even want to think about them going off to college in a few years. I’ve become such an emotional wreck these past few years. I cry over everything, like sentimental commercials, and even cartoons! Can you believe I cry every time I watch the Pixar movie, Up? Every.single.time! Like I don’t already know what’s going to happen. 🙄(spoiler alert!) But that part when Ellie finds out she can’t have a baby always gets me. 😢And when her hubby tries to surprise her with tickets to Paradise Falls (after saving up for it their whole lives!) and then she collapses going up the hill. But the worst part is seeing him sitting in the dark church at the end of the funeral holding the one little balloon. 😭Omg, it’s so freaking sad! What’s up with all the sad Disney cartoons where people die? So morbid, right?! I thought they were supposed to be happy!
It just goes to show that life is short. We have to make the best of it and not take any moments for granted. These last few years I have my kids living at home with me, we try to be very intentional with spending time together. We have family time almost every night watching our shows or movies together. On the weekends we’ll have game night or try and find something fun to do locally.
Throughout the year we also try and travel together to new places. I think there’s something special about visiting a new place for the first time with your family. It creates special memories that last a lifetime. My daughter was three and son was five when we took them on their first trip to Hawaii. They were amazed at the fact that they got to fly up into the sky above the clouds on an airplane. That was probably their favorite part of the trip, lol! Sometimes it’s the little things that matter. 😊
Little things, like this pie! Or maybe it’s chocolate, or cake…or chocolate cake! Whatever it is that makes you happy, do it.. Because life is beautiful and worth celebrating!
- 10.5 oz package gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies, with filling, ground into crumbs (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil (may need more if using graham crackers or wafers)
- 1 tablespoon pure cane sugar, coconut sugar, or other granulated sweetener of choice
- 16 oz. dairy-free or regular cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2-3 cans (about 2 cups) chilled coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk, only hardened cream, liquid discarded* (see note for heavy cream alternative)
- ½ – ¾ cup pure cane sugar or coconut sugar (use more or less to taste)
- 1 oz. bag freeze dried strawberries, ground into powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon (use more or less to taste)
- fresh strawberries, for serving
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted coconut oil or butter until combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or freeze for 20–30 minutes, until firm.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again. Add coconut cream a little at a time, beating until well combined. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and beat again to ensure it's thoroughly mixed. Slowly beat in sugar until incorporated. Remove ½-2/3 cup of whipped cream cheese mixture to pipe onto finished pie at the end (optional).
- Mix in strawberry powder until combined, then gradually drizzle in melted coconut oil, beating well with each addition. Finally, mix in lemon juice and zest.
- Spread filling evenly into prepared crust. Top with fresh strawberries and pipe reserved whipped cream mixture around berries, as desired. (I used Wilton tips 18, 1m, and 4b) Chill pie for several hours, until set.