This no-bake chocolate tart has juicy pomegranate arils throughout. It’s also free of gluten, grains, dairy, eggs, and refined sugar!
- 1 1/2 cup cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey (can also use coconut nectar or other liquid sweetener)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted (can use refined coconut oilone !important; margin:0px !important;” /> for less coconut flavor. This helps it to firm up in the fridge. If substituting, I’d suggest using another fat that’s solid at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils, plus more for sprinkling on top (optional. Can also leave plain)
- Place pitted dates, walnuts, and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Blend until mixture is ground finely and holds together when pressed.
- Pour mixture out into a 13.75 x 4.25-inch rectangular tart pan or other pan of choice.
- Firmly press crust mixture evenly up the sides and bottom of the pan. Place into the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cocoa powder, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Whisk together until well blended and smooth. Fold in pomegranate arils.
- Pour filling into chilled crust and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Sprinkle more arils over the top of the tart. Place tart into the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes, or until filling and crust is firm.
- Remove tart from the pan and cut into slices. Serve right away or return to the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated and let stand 5–10 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert, Gluten Free, Vegan