This delicious brownie requires no baking and is made in a matter of minutes. It’s full of wholesome ingredients and free of gluten, grains, dairy, eggs, and refined sugar. Vegan and paleo friendly as well!
- 2.5 cups (255g) raw walnuts or pecans
- 2.5 cups (400g) pitted dates
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa or cacao powder
- generous pinch of salt
- 1–2 tablespoons brewed coffee or water, just enough for mixture to hold together
- ganache, recipe below
- 3–4 cups fruit of choice (I used a mixture of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
- Combine walnuts and dates in a food processor and blend until mixture is crumbly and no large pieces remain.
- Add cocoa powder and pinch of salt, blending just until incorporated.
- Add coffee/water 1 tablespoon at a time, adding just enough to make mixture hold together when pressed.
- Press brownie mixture into a parchment paper lined springform pan or pat into a large 1/2-inch thick circle on a lined baking sheet. Chill for 10–20 minutes while you prepare the ganache.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cocoa powder, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Stir until smooth. (If mixture is grainy, microwave on LOW heat for 10–15 seconds. Whisk until smooth.)
Putting it Together:
- Remove brownie from pan and place on serving platter. Spread ganache evenly over the pizza and top with fresh fruit. Makes 8–10 servings, depending on how large you cut the slices. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container. Brownie alone will keep for up to a week. Topped with fruit, it keeps as long as the fruit stays fresh, usually 2–3 days.
- Category: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dessert