A simple, one-pan breakfast dish with turkey sausage, potatoes, veggies, and egg, cooked mostly on the stove and then finished off in the oven. Perfect for a crowd!
- 1 tablespoon avocado or another high-temperature cooking oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey sausage
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and diced (can also be peeled if desired)
- 1 cup red or yellow onion, chopped (about 1 medium or 1/2 large)
- 1 cup asparagus, woody stems removed and chopped into thirds
- 1 cup chopped tomato or sliced grape tomatoes
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Brush oil onto the bottom and sides of an oven-safe skillet (mine was a 10-inch cast iron skillet.) Place onto the stove and turn the on heat to medium-high. Add ground sausage and begin to brown. Once sausage is halfway cooked, add potatoes, onion, a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover so that potatoes can cook, stirring every few minutes. While that’s cooking, begin beating your eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with a little salt and pepper, and set aside.
- When potatoes are almost tender (after about 8-10 minutes) stir in asparagus and chopped tomatoes and sauté for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Use your spatula/spoon to evenly distribute meat and veggie mixture across the pan. Pour the beaten eggs over the sausage and veggies and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and let the egg on the bottom and edges of the pan set for 4-5 minutes
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes until center is set and top is slightly brown. Place under the broiler for the last couple of minutes if you want the top more brown. Remove pan from the oven and let cool slightly before serving. Serves 6-8 people.
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Eggs, Gluten-Free