Honey sweetened pizza dough topped with mixed berries and a cheesecake sauce. Several pizza crust options, including a spelt and gluten-free option. Can easily be made vegan.
- pizza dough (Honey Wheat Crust, Spelt Pizza Crust, or Gluten Free Crust (contains egg))
- 8 oz. regular or vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 2–3 tablespoon honey, maple syrup, or sugar, to taste (may need more for fruit)
- 2–4 tablespoons milk of choice or water
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3–4 cups mixed berries, washed and larger berries sliced
- 1–2 teaspoons turbinado sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 500F. Whichever pizza dough recipe you choose, use 2-3 tablespoons of honey/maple syrup/sugar instead of 1.
- After the dough has rested the first time for 20-30 minutes, place onto a sheet of parchment paper and shape into a large round circle. Carefully fold 1-inch of the entire border over to create a crust. Sprinkle crust with turbinado sugar (optional) and then set aside to rise while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Place softened cream cheese into a medium mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth. Add honey and then begin adding milk/water 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is creamy and spreads easily with an offset spatula.
- Mix in lemon juice and zests. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Slice any large berries—strawberries into 1/4-inch slices and big blackberries in half. If fruit is tart, mix with 2-3 tablespoons of sweetener. Place half of the berries evenly onto the pizza dough. If you want a more juicy filling, roughly mash the berries before spreading on the dough.
- Top with cream cheese mixture and then scatter remaining berries over the cheesecake filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Bake time will depend on how thick your pizza dough is.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before cutting. If your fruit is tart, you can drizzle more honey across the top. Makes about 8 slices.
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert