This mixed berry cheesecake pizza has a honey sweetened pizza dough topped with mixed berries and a cheesecake sauce. The recipe includes several pizza crust options, including a spelt and gluten-free option.
Over that past few years, our family has strived to eat healthier. We cut back on eating out, we began using mostly unrefined sweeteners, we quit buying sugary drinks and processed snacks, and cut out most dairy.
Every once in awhile we splurge on pizza because who doesn’t love a good pizza every now and again?! Although I already have several pizza recipes listed here on the blog, including dessert pizzas, this Berry Cheesecake Pizza was definitely a worthy addition. You’ll just have to make it and see for yourself!
I made this pizza over the summer when the markets were overflowing with berries and the sales were too good to pass up. Unfortunately, the season ended before I had the opportunity to share the recipe. I planned to save it for next year, but after posting a pic on Instagram a few days ago, it got more attention than expected; it was even featured on the Food and Wine page! I had a lot of inquires and my site blew up with people searching for a recipe that wasn’t there. I decided to go ahead and share, whether it’s still berry season or not 🙂
I included several crust variations below—a gluten-free, whole grain, and regular wheat recipe. You can also make this dairy-free by using a vegan cream cheese. Enjoy, friends!
- pizza dough (Spelt Pizza Crust, Gluten Free Crust (contains egg), or Honey Wheat Crust)
- 8 oz. regular or vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 2–3 tablespoon honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar, or sugar, to taste
- 2–4 tablespoons milk of choice or water
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 3-4 cups mixed berries, washed and larger berries sliced
- 1–2 teaspoons turbinado sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 500F. Whichever pizza dough recipe you choose, use 2-3 tablespoons of honey/maple syrup/sugar instead of 1.
- After the dough has rested the first time for 20-30 minutes, place onto a sheet of parchment paper and shape into a large round circle. Carefully fold 1-inch of the entire border over to create a crust. Sprinkle crust with turbinado sugar (optional) and then set aside to rise while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Place softened cream cheese into a medium mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth. Add honey and then begin adding milk/water 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is creamy and spreads easily with an offset spatula.
- Mix in lemon juice and zests. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Slice any large berries—strawberries into ¼-inch slices and big blackberries in half. Place half of the berries evenly onto the pizza dough. Top with cream cheese mixture and then scatter remaining berries over the cheesecake filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Bake time will depend on how thick your pizza dough is.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before cutting. If your fruit is tart, you can drizzle more honey across the top. Makes about 8 slices.
You may also enjoy these similar recipes: