This baked oatmeal is delicious, easy to make and feeds a crowd. Can easily be assembled the night before, refrigerated, and baked fresh in the morning, or make ahead of time and have breakfast ready to go for the week!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or other oil of choice
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (use certified gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, sliced almonds, walnuts, or other nut/dried fruit of choice, optional
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups almond milk or other milk of choice, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 cup water, or additional milk of choice
- 1/4–1/3 cup maple syrup, coconut nectar, honey (not vegan) or other sweetener of choice, plus extra for serving (use more or less, to taste)
- 2 1/2 cups mixed fresh or frozen fruit of choice (I used a combination of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine together oats, coconut, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Mix in milk, water, sweetener, and fruit.
- Pour oat mixture into greased pan and bake for 40–50 minutes, until oatmeal is set. Serve with additional milk, maple syrup, or coconut whipped cream* (optional). Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4–5 days.
- To reheat, mix in a little more milk, cover, and microwave 1–2 minutes, until warm. Alternatively, you can combine baked oatmeal with a little extra milk and heat in a small saucepan on the stove for a few minutes.
Coconut whipped cream: Refrigerate a can of full-fat coconut milk overnight. After it has chilled, remove the firm coconut cream from the can and place into a small mixing bowl. Discard water or save for another use. Add 2–3 teaspoons maple syrup or other sweetener of choice to cream and beat with a wire whisk or hand mixer until fluffy.
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten-Free, Vegan