These simple bars are made with wholesome ingredients and paleo + vegan friendly. Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or an afternoon snack. Gluten, grain, egg, dairy, and refined sugar free.
Base + Crumb Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1–3 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper (or lightly grease) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend together almond flour, tapioca flour, and salt. Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup, blending until well incorporated. Add water a teaspoon at a time, if necessary, until mixture holds together when pinched between two fingers.
- Press 2/3 of mixture crumble mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, reserving 1/3 of the mixture for the topping.
- In a separate bowl, combine berries, maple syrup, and tapioca flour. Pour berry mixture over the crust, evenly distributing throughout the pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 crumble mixture evenly over the top of the berries.
- Place pan into the preheated oven, baking until crust is golden and berries are bubbly, about 30–40 minutes using fresh fruit, 40–55 minutes with frozen (time may vary depending on your oven.)
- Let bars cool thoroughly before cutting into squares. Makes 12–16 bars. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert, Vegan, Grain Free