These mini galettes are the perfect way to use up fresh or frozen fruit! Vegan friendly and includes a gluten and refined sugar free option!
- double pie crust recipe or 2 prepared pie crusts
- 3–4 cups fresh or frozen fruit of choice I used a combo of berries
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, cane sugar, or other sweetener of choice (can use more if your fruit is very tart)
- milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- turbinado sugar or other coarse sugar
- optional glaze: 1 tablespoon honey or coconut nectar mixed with 1-2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat.
- Roll 1 sheet of pie dough to 1/8”. Use a bowl or lid to a wide jar to measure and cut 6-inch circles. Place circles close together on baking sheet. May need to re-roll dough scraps to get more. Makes about 8–10 galettes.
- Top each circle with 1/3–1/2 cup of fruit leaving a 1-inch border around the edges (you can use the same fruit for each galette or a variety of fruit.) The fruit shrinks down when baking, so I usually pile the fruit into a small mound. Sprinkle fruit with 1–2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Fold the edges of the dough up over the fruit creating a tight pleat. It’s important to pinch the pleats so the dough doesn’t open up while baking.
- Brush the edges of the crust with milk and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake until edges are golden brown and fruit is bubbly, about 25–30 minutes, give or take a few minutes.
- Let cool slightly before removing galettes from the pan to avoid crust breaking. Brush fruit filling with optional glaze for more shine.
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: dessert, vegan, gluten free