This lightly sweetened peach cobbler is simple to make and uses fresh peaches. Vegan friendly with gluten free and refined sugar free options.
- 1/4 cup regular or dairy free butter (can also use coconut oil)
- 6 large ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2/3 cup pure cane sugar or coconut sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (for gluten free use 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend plus ½ cup almond flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1/4 cup oil of choice or melted butter, plus more for pan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease 13×9 pan and set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in large pan over medium heat. Add sliced peaches, 1/3 cup sugar, water, and cinnamon, stirring until well combined.
- Cook peaches 4–5 minutes, stirring often, until slightly tender. Remove pan from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, remaining 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, 1/4 oil/butter, and vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 of the cooked peaches with some of the sauce into prepared pan. Pour batter evenly onto peaches then top with remaining sautéed peaches and juice from the pan.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25–35 minutes or until cobbler is golden brown and center is set. May take more time, depending on your oven and the pan used. Serve plain or with ice cream.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: dessert, vegan, gluten free