This lemon garlic zucchini pasta with roasted cauliflower is a simple and healthy dish requiring only a few, wholesome ingredients. Feel free to add your protein of choice, like grilled chicken or shrimp.
- medium head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- oil for drizzling (I like avocado oil)
- 4–5 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- oil for the pan
- 1/4 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2–3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee (dairy-free can be used) or olive oil, if AIP
- 4 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper, optional (omit if AIP)
- chopped flat-leaf parsley, optional
- grated parmesan cheese, optional topping (omit if AIP)
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Wash your head of cauliflower and remove the hard center stem. Cut the remaining cauliflower into bite-sized florets and spread evenly across a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with a bit of oil, chopped garlic, and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Place pan into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until cauliflower is slightly toasted is some areas and tender when pierced with a fork. More or less time may be needed depending on the size of your florets.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, begin spiralizing your zucchini. (This spiralizer is awesome!) Pat dry, if needed, and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat about a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook mixture until golden and fragrant. Add butter and let melt (optional, for flavor) then add zucchini noodles. Toss to coat.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes, if you want to add some spice. Squeeze the juice of the half lemon over the noodles and cook for just a couple of minutes, until zucchini has slightly softened, but still maintains a crunch.
- Toss in roasted cauliflower and chopped parsley, and serve. A sprinkle of grated parmesan is a good addition for those who eat dairy. Serves 2-3.
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Main Dish, Gluten-Free, Vegan