Rich hot chocolate naturally sweetened and infused with lavender buds. Dairy, gluten, and refined sugar free!
- 3/4 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons full-fat Coconut Milk (you can also use plain, non-dairy creamer or extra almond milk)
- 1–2 tablespoons Maple Syrup, Honey or other sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Culinary Lavender
- 1 tablespoons dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- pinch of salt
- Combine milks, maple syrup, and lavender in a small pot or microwavable mug. Heat to a low simmer over the stove or 1.5–2 minutes in the microwave (or until very hot.) Remove from heat and let steep for 2-3 minutes. If you want a stronger lavender taste, use the back of a fork to mash the lavender against the side of the pot/mug in the milk. Strain milk though a mesh sieve to catch all the lavender and discard remaining buds.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped chocolate, cocoa, and pinch of salt in a mug. Pour a couple of tablespoons of hot milk into the chocolate and mix until smooth. Use a Milk Frother or hand blender to froth remaining hot milk. Pour into the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Makes one serving.
- Category: Drink, Dairy-Free