This delicious Peach-Raspberry Crisp is made even easier in your Instant Pot! The vegan and gluten-free recipe is courtesy of “The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook” by Nisha Vora.
If there’s a small appliance everyone should have in the kitchen, besides a Kitchenaid stand mixer and Vitamix, it’s the Instant Pot. This little ingenious multi-cooker does the job of several appliances—pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, and yogurt maker, plus it can steam, sauté, and keep food warm. Not to mention that it really consolidates space in the kitchen.
As much as I love my Instant Pot, the reoccurring problem I have is finding delicious and wholesome recipes to make in it. Cue Nisha Vora’s new book, The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook, which not only provides a plethora of delicious recipes utilizing an Instant Pot, they’re all vegan friendly and plant-based as well!
They’re not your basic, run-of-the-mill recipes either. There’s plenty of variety and includes flavors from all around the world too, like breakfast enchilada casserole, Thai mango sticky rice, Jamaican jerk jackfruit tacos, pasta primavera alfredo, sweet potato daal, and many more.
Nisha is incredibly talented and every recipe I’ve ever made of hers has turned out deliciously. You can tell by scrolling through her beautiful Instagram feed that she has a knack for making vibrant and scrumptious food, so I wasn’t too surprised when I received her cookbook in the mail, and each recipe quickly grabbed my attention. I basically bookmarked the whole cookbook marking all of the recipes I want to try!
And if you won’t take my word for it, check out the almost 50 5–star reviews of her cookbook on Amazon!
It was hard to narrow it down, but I decided to make this Peach-Raspberry Crisp first, and let me tell you, I’m SO glad I did! My family and I devoured it within minutes and unfortunately there were no leftovers to enjoy the next day. 😔 However, they asked me to make it again soon, so it’s on the menu this weekend! Yay! And thanks to Nisha for allowing me to share this incredible recipe from her cookbook with you all! Enjoy!
Instant Pot Peach-Raspberry Crisp
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
This delicious summer dessert is made even easier in your Instant Pot! The vegan and gluten-free recipe is courtesy of “The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook” by Nisha Vora.
- 8 firm-ripe medium peaches
- Cooking spray or neutral-flavored oil, for the pot
- 1 pint raspberries (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic brown sugar or cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 whole cloves or 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For Serving (optional)
- vegan vanilla ice cream
- Leave the peaches unpeeled and use a serrated knife to slice them into 3/4-inch-thick wedges. You will end up with about 6 cups of sliced peached.
- Coat the inner pot of the Instant Pot with cooking spray or lightly grease with oil.
- Add the sliced peaches and raspberries to the inner pot. Top with the cane sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves (if using), salt, almond extract, and lemon juice. Stir gently to coat the fruit.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure and set the cook time to 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, prepare the crisp topping: in a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Once the oil is melted and hot, add the oats, almond flour, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cook tossing frequently to prevent burning, until toasted and lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully transfer the crisp topping to a large piece of parchment paper and spread out to cool slightly.
- Once the 1-minute timer has completed and beeps, perform a quick pressure release by carefully switching the Pressure Release knob from Sealing to Venting.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 1 tbsp water until dissolved into a slurry. Open the pot and pour the slurry into the peach-ra[berry filling. Select the Sauté setting and bring to a boil, stirring gently until the filling has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the peach-raspberry filling to a large serving bowl or individual dessert bowls and sprinkle generously with the crisp topping. Serve warm with vegan vanilla ice cream if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert, Gluten Free, Vegan
Can these be made without the instant-pot?
Joscelyn | Wife Mama Foodie says
Hi Pat, I’m sure it can be made in the oven. Instead of cooking the crumble topping, just combine it in a bowl and sprinkle over the fruit in a baking dish. Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Hope you enjoy it!
Candice Schenk says
Ooooooo, this sounds and looks so tasty! Kinda making my mouth water right now! 🙂
That looks so delicious, I have bunch of frozen fruit. I don’t have an instant pot but I might try in my slow cooker.
I would love to try to make these! They look and sound so delicious! Saving!
Nisha / Rainbow Plant Life says
You are just the sweetest, my dear! Thank you so much for your lovely words and for sharing my cookbook! I am so honored that you loved this recipe and so grateful for your support. You made this crisp look phenomenally beautiful and I really wish I could share it with you! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend and inspiration, Joscelyn!