Make your own jello jigglers using all natural ingredients! Fruit juice and gelatin are all that you need to make a healthy snack for you and your little ones!
- 4 (.25 ounce) envelopes of unflavored gelatin or 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon of grass fed gelatin
- 4 cups naturally sweetened fruit juice, divided
- *This makes one pan. To make the two-tone jello jigglers you’ll need to double these ingredients.
- In a large, heat-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup of cold juice and let “bloom” for several minutes. Bring the remaining 3 cups of juice to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and pour into the gelatin mixture, stirring several minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved. Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch pan and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours, until jello is firm and completely set.
- Fill your kitchen sink with 1-2 inches of hot water. Dip the bottom of the pan in the how water for 5-10 seconds or until the jello has released from the sides. Invert jello onto a large cutting board and cut into squares or use metal cutters to cutout shapes. Place shapes into a 9×13 inch pan and make another batch of jello to pour on top. It’s important that you let the mixture cool throughly before pouring it over the cutouts in the pan or it can melt them. Refrigerate the gelatin again until firm. Repeat the process of placing the bottom of the pan in hot water for a few seconds and invert the jello onto a cutting board. Cut into squares or additional shapes and serve. Place any leftovers into a sealed container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Category: Dessert