A creamy homemade dairy-free ranch dressing made totally from scratch! This dressing is made with fresh herbs and mayonnaise. Dairy-free and paleo friendly!
This ranch is as fresh as it gets, my friends. It’s made with homemade mayonnaise, fresh herbs, spices, and a splash of almond milk. It’s also dairy-free and paleo friendly!
This dressing is so simple to make too. It’s really just a matter of mixing all of the ingredients together and adding more or less milk, according to your preference. Use less milk if you want to use the ranch as a dip, more milk if it will be used as a dressing.
Just be careful, because once you make ranch from scratch you will be ruined FOREVER! You’ll never want to buy it off the shelf with all of those artificial flavors and preservatives. I mean, should a dairy product be able to sit on a shelf for up to a year anyway? It just doesn’t seem natural. Well, now you can just make your own:) Enjoy!
- ¾ cup homemade mayonnaise or your favorite store-bought mayonnaise (Be sure to use a vegan mayonnaise if vegan)
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley*
- ½ tablespoon chopped chives*
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill*
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup unsweetened original almond milk, a splash more may be needed if you want it thinner.
- *If using dried herbs, use a little less than half of the specified amount in fresh (e.g. 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley, use a scant ½ tablespoon of dried parsley.) Better to start out with less and add more to taste.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in milk until the dressing reaches your desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed. Keep dressing in a jar or an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.