Savory herb cashew cream and a sprinkle of pomegranate arils sits atop cucumber slices, for a delicious and healthy snack or appetizer, perfect for a crowd!
Herb Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed (can also opt to boil cashews for 5–10 minutes if you’re in a pinch for time)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 whole medium lemon) + zest for optional garnish
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped or 2–3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2–3 teaspoons fresh dill, or more to taste, plus more for garnish
- 1–2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- sprinkle of ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons water + more as needed for blending
- 1–2 fresh, crisp cucumbers or 1 English cucumber, sliced 1/4” thick
- pomegranate arils
- Place drained cashews into your food processor, along with lemon juice, garlic, green onion/chives, dill, 1 teaspoon vinegar, salt, and pepper. Begin pulsing to incorporate ingredients together and then blend, adding water 1 tablespoon at a time, just until mixture is thick and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings to suit your taste. Add additional chives, dill, or salt if necessary, and add more lemon juice or vinegar, if needed, which gives it a tang, like cream cheese.
- Refrigerate herb cashew spread until ready to use.
- To put together, place a dollop of cashew cheese onto each cucumber slice and pile on the pomegranate arils. Top with a sprig of dill and a little freshly grated lemon peel and serve! Best if enjoyed right away. Makes about 2 dozen or so cucumber bites, depending on how much cheese you use on each slice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Gluten free, grain free, appetizer