This simple salad is easy to make and delicious. It’s a combination of fresh and grilled veggies topped with a lemon vinaigrette. Perfect side for summer get togethers & BBQs. Omit corn for a paleo friendly version.
- 1–2 large fresh ears of corn, shucked (omit for paleo friendly version)
- 1/2–1 cup asparagus, ends trimmed and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced lengthwise, and chopped into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 yellow squash, ends trimmed, sliced lengthwise, and chopped into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1–2 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2–1 cup baby heirloom tomatoes, larger ones halved
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped, plus more whole leaves for decoration (optional)
- handful of sorrel, optional
- 1 watermelon radish, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil, plus more for brushing onto grilled veggies
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- plenty of salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place corn, zucchini, squash, asparagus, and onion on a large baking pan. Drizzle a bit of oil over top and toss to coat. Place corn onto the hot grill and cut veggies into a grill basket. Grill corn for a few minutes per side, until lightly charred. Grill veggies until slightly tender.
- Remove corn from the grill and cut kernels off the cob. Place into a large bowl along with grilled veggies, tomatoes, and basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Combine oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, honey, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to combine. Best served right away or refrigerate until needed.
- Category: Salad, Gluten-Free, Vegan