Lightly sweetened, wholesome banana muffins made with oats. Perfect for breakfast on the go or a quick and healthy snack!
- 1.5 cups Oat Flour*
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1.5 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar, depending on the sweetness of your bananas (can also use brown or raw sugar)
- 1/4 cup melted Coconut Oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- *You can easily make your own oat flour by grinding rolled oats in a food processor or coffee grinder. Try to grind it as finely as possible until you get a flour-like consistency. Measure out 1.5 cups of the ground flour.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease or line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix together oat flour, oats, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add banana, eggs, sugar, oil, and milk. Let sit for a few minutes while you make the streusel topping so the oats can soften.
- To make the streusel, combine oats, nuts, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix in the coconut oil until evenly incorporated.
- Fill each muffin cup two thirds full. Should make 12-14 regular sized muffins. Top the batter with a sprinkle of oat streusel. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven) or until muffins are golden brown and tops are firm. Coconut sugar causes baked goods to become slightly browner than regular sugar will. Don’t be alarmed at the darker color of inside/outside of the muffins.
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Bread, Breakfast