This healthy apple-cranberry crisp is easy to make and topped with a simple oat crumble. It’s vegan friendly, plus free of gluten and refined sugar.
- 1 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or chopped nuts pecans/walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or butter
- 1–2 teaspoons of water, only if needed
- 4 cups apples, peeled, cored, and chopped or sliced (I used gala apples, but any good baking apple will work)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or an additional cup of apples)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or other sweetener of choice (use more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium bowl, blend together oats, almond flour, chopped nuts, and salt. Pour in maple syrup, and coconut oil, stirring until well combined. If mixture is dry, stir in a little water. Set aside.
- Lightly grease an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine sliced/chopped apples, cinnamon, maple syrup, and cornstarch/water slurry. Pour into prepared baking dish and top with oat topping.
- Place into preheated oven and bake 45–55 minutes, until apples are tender and crumble is golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving. Makes 6–8 servings.
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: dessert, gluten free, vegan