A healthier version of the popular fruit pizza! This version is free of gluten, grain, dairy, and refined sugar! Can easily be made vegan by omitting the egg and using the dairy-free alternatives listed.
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (vegan/AIP) or Honey
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (vegan/AIP) or grass-fed/dairy-free butter, melted
- 1 egg, (or 2–3 tablespoons extra coconut oil for egg-free/vegan/AIP)
- 3–4 tablespoons almond milk or other milk of choice, just enough to hold together (Use coconut milk/water if AIP)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (omit if AIP)
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1–1.5 cups coconut milk/cream (refrigerated until hardened, liquid drained. (I use Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup (vegan/AIP) honey, or other sweetener of choice
- Shortbread Crust
- Whipped Coconut Cream
- 3 cups fresh fruit of your choice (As shown, I used 1 peeled and sliced mango, 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, 2 peeled and sliced kiwi, 1.5 cups mixed raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, & blackberries)
- edible flowers, optional
- mint leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 325F. Place coconut flour, arrowroot, and salt into a medium mixing bowl and stir together. Add maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla and blend together. Spread mixture onto a 10 to 12-inch pizza pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes or until a light golden brown. Remove and let cool completely before assembling the pizza.
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Make sure your can of coconut milk/cream has been refrigerated for at least several hours or until the cream and water have separated. Drain the water/liquid part of the can and use only the cold (hard) coconut cream. Place the hardened coconut cream into a mixing bowl, along with 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup (I like to use raw white honey thats a little more on the firm side to keep the whipped cream from becoming to liquid-y) and mix with a blender or whisk until fluffy. Add more sweetener as needed.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Assemble Fruit Pizza:
- Make sure crust is completely cooled before assembling. Spread coconut whipped cream over the top of the crust and begin topping with sliced fruit in whatever arrangement you like. Top with flowers or mint, if using. Keep refrigerated until serving. Makes about 8-10 slices/servings.
- Category: Dessert, gluten-free