This simple breakfast idea is filling, healthy, and delicious! Feel free to customize with your favorite toppings!
- 2 naan
- 1/2–1 tablespoon cooking oil (I use avocado or coconut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced tomatoes (I used cherry)
- 2–4 tablespoons chopped onion, to taste (I used red onion)
- 1/2 lime cut in 2
- salt and pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
HEAT THE BREAD:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. When heated, place naan bread directly on the middle rack and bake for 2-3 minutes, until warmed. Remove from the oven onto a plate.
COOK THE EGGS:
- Meanwhile, you can begin cooking the eggs. Place a nonstick skillet onto the stove over medium heat and drizzle a little oil into the pan. When hot, crack one of the eggs (or both if your pan is large enough) into the pan and when the whites begin to set turn the heat to low and partially cover pan with a lid to cook the top. Cook 1-2 minutes or until yolk is cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper and remove egg from the pan carefully to a plate and repeat with remaining egg, if needed.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER:
- Mash 1/2-1 whole ripe avocado onto each warmed piece of naan. Sprinkle chopped onion and tomatoes over the avocado and squeeze 1/4 lime juice over the guacamole. Generously season with salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings or toppings to suit your taste. Place a fried egg onto each pizza and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Healthy