Simple breakfasts are always welcome in our house because our mornings are usually busy enough with work, homeschooling, etc. Along with our other go-tos, like overnight oats and potato hash, these breakfast pizzas are a family fave and can literally be ready in minutes!
A hot meal that’s quick, healthy, and delicious? Yes, please!
Using pre-made naan makes these pizzas a cinch to throw together. Naan is an Indian oven-baked flatbread, kind of similar to pita bread, but much yummier in my opinion. I especially love it fresh from the oven! YUM!
I find naan in the bakery section of my local grocery stored and they usually come two per package. If you can’t find naan, you can use another flat bread, pizza crust, or tortillas would work as well.
We like to add our guacamole ingredients to the top of the mashed avocado, just like regular pizza, but you can use guacamole that is already mixed instead if you prefer.
Feel free to add any other veggies, additional toppings (crumbled bacon?), or an extra egg! I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
- 2 naan
- ½-1 tablespoon cooking oil (I use avocado or coconut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe avocados
- ½ cup chopped or sliced tomatoes (I used cherry)
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped onion, to taste (I used red onion)
- ½ lime cut in 2
- salt and pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. When heated, place naan bread directly on the middle rack and bake for 2-3 minutes, until warmed. Remove from the oven onto a plate.
- Meanwhile, you can begin cooking the eggs. Place a nonstick skillet onto the stove over medium heat and drizzle a little oil into the pan. When hot, crack one of the eggs (or both if your pan is large enough) into the pan and when the whites begin to set turn the heat to low and partially cover pan with a lid to cook the top. Cook 1-2 minutes or until yolk is cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper and remove egg from the pan carefully to a plate and repeat with remaining egg, if needed.
- Mash ½-1 whole ripe avocado onto each warmed piece of naan. Sprinkle chopped onion and tomatoes over the avocado and squeeze ¼ lime juice over the guacamole. Generously season with salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings or toppings to suit your taste. Place a fried egg onto each pizza and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.